Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Lent Day 43

Goals and Plans.  Very little success can be accomplished without a goal.  Once goals are set, a plan will help you attain that goal.  Having motivation will help you stick to that plan.  Having the inspiration . . . that’s the spark that gets you started.

I’ve had people asking me what am I going to do after Easter, will I continue these blogs, how much weight will I lose, is there a target?  These are all tough questions for me.  A few weeks before Lent, I became very anxious for Ash Wednesday.  I have learned over the past couple of years that Lent has brought me so much closer to God.  With that relationship with God, I feel accomplished. 

The goal was to get closer to God.  The plan was to make sacrifices.  The process involved ongoing motivation through pure dedication and stoic commitment.  Past and present feelings of success are my inspiration.  Walking with God in my life has brought me much joy and happiness.  The rewards are numerous ranging from grand problems being resolved to trivial weight loss.  Nonetheless, the feeling of success when I accomplish my goals is what makes me happy. 

There are only a few days left until Easter.  Before I get to the end of this Lent season I have to come up with a plan for what’s next.  The most unsuccessful period in life is right after goals have been accomplished and new ones have not been implemented yet.  Will I continue in my walk with God?  I plan on it.  Will I go running everyday?  I know that it has become a habit and something that I really look forward to each day.  Will I continue with the diet and lack of certain bad foods?  I am sure my taste buds have changed and I won’t even want some of those bad foods.  Will I ever have a beer again?  You bet.  Will I continue the blog each day? 

I can’t wait to see what God’s plan is for me.  Whatever the next level is, I know I am up to the challenge now.

No comments:

Post a Comment