Friday, March 18, 2011

Lent Day 10

I don’t have anything.  Really, there is nothing in my life I can complain about.  Even though yesterday was a bit negative, I realized that God is going to bless me for my commitment to Him.  Today was much better.  I was productive at work, made a great “deal” this afternoon, found a solution to a long standing problem, and came home to my beautiful family in this wonderful home. 

Something happened this week that cause my best friend to ask me about how I was listening to God.  He was curious if this Lent season was helping me “listen”.  I have to be open and honest about this.  There have been only a few times in my life where I really felt that God told me something.  This would be via putting a particular thought in my heart and heavy on my mind.  There have been many times in my life where I could have easily said I am smart, cognizant, observant, reasonable, rational, etc . . . and it was my doing.  However, I can’t say that I am that agnostic or prideful. 

Lent season is about committing to the relationship with God and welcoming Him into my life.  I tried only two times this season to run with my Ipod.  Unfortunatley, it died both times and is now caput.  I spend my time running quietly and just listening.  This hearing God thing . . . it has happened a lot this week. 

My blessings have been many.  I am feeling better emotionally, mentally, and physically.  Any problems that I have had are being handled.  My worries are diminished.  I really love my life.  Yes, that is correct.  I have nothing to complain about . . . and everything to be thankful for.

I welcomed tonight’s run with enthusiasm.  The temperature is perfect.  Monte was even enthusiastic.  We ran longer, faster, and farther than anytime yet.  We only stopped for a couple of bathroom breaks; Monte’s, not mine.  We ran to a new spot which extended the path tonight so that we could see a gorgeous sunset from the top of a hill.  Then while running back, we got to see a perfect full moon.  I don’t know why the moon is not photogenic.  All my pictures of the moon look like I have a spec on my lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment